Modern-day quest - managing our ever-expanding lists of tasks in the age of technology. We get it; life gets hectic. So, what’s a busy person to do?
Dive into the world of planner apps for iPhone, of course! With countless apps claiming to be the best, we’ve done the heavy lifting for you. We’ve filtered through the noise to present our top 10.
Whether you’re a digital nomad, student, busy parent, or anyone, there’s something on this list for you.
Overview of 10 Best Planner Apps for iPhone
1. Week Plan
Week Plan isn’t just another online planner app for iPhone. It’s a holistic solution to prioritizing and executing tasks that matter the most. Designed with the ethos of role-based task management, Week Plan encourages users to assign tasks based on roles in their lives.
Top 3 Features of Week Plan
1. Role-based task management
No more drowning in tasks. Categorize them based on roles like “parent,” “student,” or “manager” to ensure a balanced life.
2. Quadrant view for priority setting
Inspired by the Eisenhower matrix, this feature helps you visualize and focus on urgent and essential tasks.
3. Weekly reviews
Reflect on your week, analyze what went right, and identify areas of improvement.
Pros of Week Plan
- User-friendly and intuitive design
- Allows for task segmentation based on roles
- Offers both daily and weekly views for better planning
Cons of Week Plan
- It might take a little time to adjust if you are new to role-based task management
- Advanced features might require a learning curve
- No desktop app for MacOS yet
Week Plan’s Availability
Available on iPhone, Android, Web, Windows, and as a Chrome extension.
Week Plan Pricing
While the basic version is free, premium features start at just $1/week. Worth every cent!
Final Verdict on Week Plan
In our quest for the “Best Planner app for iPhone,” Week Plan stands out as an all-rounder. Its unique role-based task management combined with the quadrant view ensures that you’re not just ticking off tasks but focusing on what truly matters.
Things is more than just a Planner app for iPhone; it’s a digital space designed for optimal organization. Whether scheduling upcoming events or managing a project, Things brings your iPhone a sleek, user-friendly interface and powerful features.
Top 3 Features of Things
1. Project organization
Got a big project coming up? Things break it into manageable tasks and sub-tasks, ensuring every detail is covered.
2. Timeline view
Visualize your schedule in a detailed timeline view. It gives you a broader perspective of upcoming tasks and deadlines.
3. Siri integration
Hands full? Just tell Siri. Things integrate seamlessly with Siri, allowing you to add tasks on the go.
Pros of Things
- User-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
- Syncs effortlessly with iPad and Mac for those in the Apple ecosystem.
- Timeline view provides an uncluttered look at your schedule.
Cons of Things
- One-time purchases seem steep to some users.
- No Android version is available.
- Limited integration with third-party apps.
Things is tailored for Apple users. It’s available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Things come with a price tag of $9.99 as a one-time purchase for iPhone.
Final Verdict on Things
For those deeply embedded in the Apple universe, Things is a blessing. Its smooth, intuitive design and key features like Siri integration make it one of the best planner apps for iPhone users. The investment is worth every penny.
Simplicity meets efficiency in Any.do, a powerful task management app that seamlessly combines the classic to-do list with an integrated calendar. The beauty of Any.do lies in its adaptability to your daily needs, transforming your device into a comprehensive Planner app for iPhone.
Top 3 Features of Any.do
1. Integrated calendar view
Tired of toggling between apps? With Any.do, you get a combined view of your to-do list and calendar events, ensuring you get all the benefits.
2. Task and time management
Whether it’s a meeting, a grocery list, or an impending project deadline, Any. do’s efficient task and time management system ensures you stay on track.
3. Daily planning with “Today” view
Kickstart your day with the “Today” view, helping you focus on immediate tasks and setting the tone for a productive day ahead.
Pros of Any.do
- Multi-platform support, including iPhone, Android, Web, and even a Chrome extension.
- A visually appealing interface that simplifies task organization.
- It offers a unique “Plan my Day” feature, which suggests daily tasks.
Cons of Any.do
- Some advanced features are locked behind the premium version.
- Occasional sync issues across multiple devices.
- The user interface, while intuitive, may require a brief learning period for some.
Any. do’s Availability
Any.do boasts impressive cross-platform compatibility. It’s available on iPhone, Android, Web, Chrome extension, Mac, and Windows.
Any.do is accessible for free, but premium versions start at a reasonable $5.99/month for those looking to unlock its full potential.
Final Verdict on Any.do
As a holistic Planner app for iPhone, Any.do stands tall among its peers. Its robust features and integrated calendar make it the go-to app for individuals seeking a balanced blend of simplicity and efficiency. The flexible pricing also ensures that users can choose a version that fits their needs and budget.
Todoist has rapidly become a household name in the Planner app for iPhone, blending simplicity with intricate functionality. Recognized for its intuitive design, Todoist turns everyday tasks into achievable goals, bridging the gap between intent and action.
Top 3 Features of Todoist
1. Natural language input
Type your tasks in the way you’d verbally express them. Todoist’s adept natural language processing ensures your tasks are set for the right time and date.
2. Prioritization levels
With Todoist, you can classify tasks based on their urgency, ensuring that crucial tasks get the attention they merit. Using color-coded priority levels, your daily to-dos are visually organized for better clarity.
3. Project organization
Whether planning a personal event or collaborating on a team project, Todoist’s robust project organization tools help you categorize tasks, set milestones, and track progress effortlessly.
Pros of Todoist
- Comprehensive platform support includes iPhone, Android, Web, Mac, Windows, and Browser Extensions.
- Recurring tasks and reminders can be set effortlessly using natural language.
- Integration with other popular apps enhances workflow and productivity.
Cons of Todoist
- Some advanced features and integrations are limited to premium users.
- While the interface is user-friendly, it might seem minimalistic for those craving detailed visuals.
- There is limited offline functionality on the free version.
Todoist ensures you remain on track irrespective of the device you’re using. It supports iPhone, Android, Web, Mac, and Windows and even offers Browser Extensions for a seamless experience.
While Todoist offers a functional free version, those keen on exploring the app’s full spectrum can opt for the premium version, which starts at a competitive $3/month.
Final Verdict on Todoist
Todoist masterfully combines usability with functionality, ensuring users, from novices to professionals, find value. Its standout feature, the natural language input, makes task inputting a breeze. Coupled with its reasonable pricing structure, Todoist solidifies its position as a good choice for the Planner app for iPhone.
5. Microsoft To Do
Microsoft To Do is not just another planner app for iphone. Born from the legacy of Wunderlist, this application is crafted with meticulous attention to user needs. A part of the Microsoft suite, it emphasizes deep integration with other Microsoft services. Its simplicity is combined with powerful features, making the Planner app for iPhone a breeze.
Top 3 Features of Microsoft To Do
1. Daily task suggestions
Start your day with the “My Day” feature, which gives personalized suggestions for tasks, ensuring you never miss out on any priority item.
2. Integration with Microsoft 365
One of the robust strengths of Microsoft To Do is its seamless integration with Microsoft 365. This allows users to sync their tasks with apps like Outlook, creating a cohesive and unified workflow.
3. List sharing
Collaboration is made easy with the ability to share your lists. Whether it’s a grocery list with your partner or a project task list with colleagues, sharing and collaborating is just a click away.
Pros of Microsoft To Do
- Slick integration with the broader Microsoft ecosystem enhances usability, especially for those already in the Microsoft 365 environment.
- The intuitive user interface ensures a low learning curve for new users.
- The daily task suggestions function ensures that tasks stay intact.
Cons of Microsoft To Do
- While it’s feature-rich, some users might need to catch up on the aesthetics and additional functionalities of Wunderlist.
- Integration with non-Microsoft apps can sometimes be less seamless than desired.
- Lacks a native Mac application.
Microsoft To Do’s Availability
Microsoft To Do is versatile and available across multiple platforms, including iPhone, Android, Web, and Windows.
Microsoft To Do Pricing
The best things in life are free, and so is Microsoft To Do. Users get a feature-rich task management tool without cost, making it accessible.
Final Verdict on Microsoft To Do
Microsoft To Do is a no-brainer for those deeply entrenched in the Microsoft ecosystem. Its simplicity, powerful features, and zero pricing make it an ideal choice for personal and professional task management.
Notion stands out as a modular productivity powerhouse. More than just a planner app for iPhone, it combines the features of word processors, spreadsheets, databases, and collaboration tools into one unified workspace. With its all-encompassing suite of features, it has quickly become a big part of productivity enthusiasts and businesses.
Top 3 Features of Notion
1. Modular Productivity Workspace
At the heart of Notion lies its unique modular approach. Whether you want to jot down quick notes, plan a project, or maintain a database, you can customize your workspace with blocks to fit any need.
2. Integrated Task Lists
Tasks are an integral part of productivity, and with Notion, you can seamlessly integrate them into your workspace. Be it a simple to-do list or a complex project breakdown, Notion has got you covered.
3. Database Creation for Tasks
This feature is where Notion truly shines. Instead of just listing tasks, users can create powerful databases with custom views, filters, and relations, giving a 360-degree perspective of projects and plans.
Pros of Notion
- Versatile and customizable: Users can tweak their workspace to represent any desired flow or structure.
- Collaboration is a breeze with shared workspaces, real-time editing, and comments.
- Powerful integrations and a robust API ensure Notion plays well with other tools.
Cons of Notion
- The vast array of features can sometimes be overwhelming for new users.
- The modular approach, while powerful, may have a steeper learning curve.
- Some users might feel that mobile apps are slightly less intuitive than desktop and web versions.
Available for a broad spectrum of users, Notion supports iPhone, Android, Web, Mac, and Windows platforms.
Notion offers a free version that is feature-packed. For those needing additional features or more extensive collaboration, premium versions are available to cater to varying needs.
Final Verdict on Notion
For those in pursuit of a planner app for iPhone that transcends traditional planning management, Notion is the golden standard. Its modular nature allows for unparalleled customization, ensuring it’s as beneficial for an individual as it is for an enterprise.
Trello offers a visual and intuitive way to plan tasks, projects, and collaborations. With its card-based system, users can visualize their workflow clearly and structure. Popular among teams and individual users alike as the planner app for iphone, it has garnered acclaim for its adaptability across varied use cases.
Top 3 Features of Trello
1. Drag-and-drop Task Management
Trello’s simplicity shines through its drag-and-drop interface. Users can effortlessly move tasks (cards) across lists, indicating progress or categorizing them as they see fit.
2. Customizable Boards/Lists/Cards
The beauty of Trello lies in its customization. Users can modify boards for different projects, lists for varying stages or categories, and cards to represent tasks.
3. Automation with Butler
Efficiency in Trello is enhanced with Butler, its built-in automation tool. Users can set triggers, commands, and actions to streamline repetitive processes.
Pros of Trello
- Highly visual and user-friendly interface that’s easy to pick up for newcomers.
- Flexibility ensures it’s equally effective for personal tasks, team projects, or unique use cases like content calendars.
- A plethora of integrations and power-ups enhance Trello’s native functionalities.
Cons of Trello
- While powerful, the card-based system may not suit users accustomed to traditional list-based task managers.
- Advanced features often require paid plans or additional power-ups.
- Larger boards with numerous cards can sometimes feel overwhelming or cluttered.
Supporting a broad range of devices, Trello is available on iPhone, Android, Web, Mac, and Windows platforms.
At its core, Trello is free, making it accessible for anyone to organize their tasks visually. Premium options are available for those needing advanced features, integrations, or more extensive team collaborations.
Final Verdict on Trello
Trello is indispensable for visual thinkers and teams that thrive on clear visual cues. Its adaptability ensures it caters to professionals, hobbyists, and everyone. Its board-centric approach might be a paradigm shift for some, but many find it hard to look back once onboard.
Fantastical stands out as an innovative calendar and task planner tool. Recognized for its intuitive interface and feature-rich offerings, this app provides users with a unified platform for scheduling, reminders, and task planning, all while integrating real-time weather updates.
Top 3 Features of Fantastical
1. Natural Language Event Creation
Creating events has always been more intuitive. With Fantastical, users can input events using natural language, like “Lunch with Meg at 2 pm tomorrow”, and the app will automatically decipher and schedule it accordingly.
2. Combined Calendar and Reminders
Fantastical fuses the best of both worlds by integrating calendar events and reminders into a seamless timeline. This gives users a comprehensive view of their day, ensuring they notice every task or meeting.
3. Weather Integration
Scheduling is often influenced by weather, and Fantastical ensures users are prepared. By integrating real-time weather updates, users can plan their events with the added context of weather conditions.
Pros of Fantastical
- A single consolidated view for tasks and events, reducing the hassle of toggling between apps.
- The convenience of natural language input streamlines event creation.
- The app’s aesthetic and functionality feel right at home in the Apple ecosystem.
Cons of Fantastical
- The premium subscription might deter users looking for a one-time purchase model.
- While feature-rich, the interface might be overwhelming for users who prefer more superficial calendar apps.
- Limited to Apple’s ecosystem, Android and Windows users should be included.
Fantastical is tailored for Apple users, with iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch support.
While Fantastical provides a basic free version, its most compelling features are unlocked with the premium subscription model, catering to users who require an enhanced calendaring experience.
Final Verdict on Fantastical
For those invested in Apple’s ecosystem and seeking a unified solution for their calendar and task management needs, Fantastical is a worthy contender as a planner app for iPhone. Its rich feature set, combined with an intuitive interface, offers an unparalleled scheduling experience.
9. Google Keep
Google Keep is Google’s foray into the note-taking and organizational space. Known for its simplicity and speed, this app is excellent for jotting down quick ideas, reminders, and lists. With its robust features, Google Keep is worth the place in the top 10 planner apps for iPhone.
Top 3 Features of Google Keep
1. Quick Note and List Creation
One of Google Keep’s strongest suits is the speed and ease with which users can jot down notes and lists.
2. Color-coded Notes
Visual categorization is vital to identify notes quickly, and Google Keep excels in this aspect.
3. Other Google Services
Whether accessing notes from Google Drive, syncing reminders with Google Calendar, or sharing notes via Gmail, the interconnectedness makes for a fluid user experience.
Pros of Google Keep
- An intuitive interface ensures users can take notes immediately without a learning curve.
- The app’s integration within the Google ecosystem enhances productivity.
- Being a free tool with a comprehensive feature set makes it a go-to for many users.
Cons of Google Keep
- The app may be limited for users seeking advanced organizational structures like nested folders.
- While the color-coding is beneficial, it could benefit from more customization options, like adding tags or labels.
- Being heavily integrated with Google might deter users concerned about data privacy.
Google Keep’s Availability
Google Keep is universally accessible with support for iPhone, Android, and Web, and also as a Chrome extension.
Google Keep Pricing
A standout feature of Google Keep is its pricing - free.
Final Verdict on Google Keep
Google Keep is a no-brainer for those seeking a quick and efficient planner app for iPhone, particularly those already invested in the Google ecosystem. Its simplicity, combined with its zero-cost barrier, makes it a popular choice for many.
TickTick is not just another planner app for iPhone; it’s an all-inclusive productivity powerhouse. It expertly combines task planning with several additional features, like the Pomodoro timer and habit tracking, to provide a comprehensive productivity solution.
Top 3 Features of TickTick
1. Calendar View
The Calendar View in TickTick offers users a seamless blend of task management with calendaring. This fusion means you can visualize deadlines plan, and adjust your schedules in one place, making day-to-day planning more intuitive.
2. Pomodoro Timer Integration
For those who swear by the Pomodoro technique to enhance focus and productivity, TickTick’s integration of a Pomodoro timer is a godsend.
3. Habit Tracking
What truly sets TickTick apart from its competitors is the Habit Tracking feature. Recognizing that consistency is key to achieving long-term goals, TickTick aids users in developing positive habits by setting, monitoring, and maintaining daily routines.
Pros of TickTick
- A multifaceted productivity suite catering to various needs - from simple to-do lists to habit formation.
- Including a Pomodoro timer means users don’t need a separate app for time management.
- The intuitive interface makes it accessible for both beginners and advanced users.
Cons of TickTick
- While the free version is robust, some key features are tucked behind the premium paywall.
- Although a standout feature, Habit tracking may need to be revised for users seeking a basic task management tool.
- Integration with other apps and services could be more expansive.
TickTick has broad platform support, with apps for iPhone, Android, Web, Mac, Windows, and even the Apple Watch.
TickTick offers a generous free version, but users might consider the premium version to unlock its full potential, starting at a modest $2.79/month.
Final Verdict on TickTick
For those seeking an all-in-one planner app for iPhone that goes beyond traditional goal and objectives management, TickTick emerges as a contender. Its blend of unique features, such as habit tracking and the Pomodoro timer, make it a standout choice for those serious about enhancing their productivity.
When comparing Week Plan, Todoist, and TickTick as the best planner app for iPhone, it becomes evident that each software has unique strengths.
Still, when evaluating the core features essential for planning, especially on the iPhone platform, Week Plan holds a distinct advantage over its counterparts.
Best of the Best - Top 3 Planner Apps for iPhone
1. Week Plan
Week Plan stands out with its unique combination of calendar views, timeline views, and seamless Siri integration, ensuring holistic task management.
With its user-centric features and iPhone-specific integrations, Week Plan offers an unmatched planning experience, making it the gold standard for planner apps for iPhone.
Todoist’s natural language input and prioritization levels offer intuitive task management, simplifying daily planning for users.
Todoist’s straightforward and intuitive interface and advanced task organization solidify its position in the top 3.
Beyond classic planning, TickTick introduces habit tracking and Pomodoro timer integration, adding layers to the standard planning regimen.
By merging traditional planning with unique productivity tools, TickTick offers a fresh perspective on task management, deserving its top 3 spot.
These apps rescue you if you’re overwhelmed with daily chores, upcoming events, or juggling personal and professional tasks. Our top pick, Week Plan, promises a harmonious blend of intuitive design and powerful features. So, why wait? Dive into the world of digital planning and set sail toward a more organized life!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I choose a planner app specifically designed for iPhone?
Planner apps designed for iPhone often integrate seamlessly with iOS features like Siri, Widgets, and Notifications. This results in a smoother user experience tailored to the iPhone’s ecosystem.
2. Are there free planner apps available for iPhones?
Yes, many planner apps offer free versions with basic functionalities. However, for advanced features or ad-free experiences, a premium version might be necessary.
3. How secure are these planner apps?
4. Can I sync these planner apps with other devices or platforms?
Many top planner apps have multi-platform support, allowing users to sync data across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android, or Windows.
5. Do these apps offer collaboration features?
Some planner apps, like Trello or Microsoft To Do, offer collaboration features to share tasks, lists, or boards.
6. How do these apps handle reminders and notifications?
Most planner apps will send push notifications for upcoming tasks or events. The frequency and type of reminder can often be customized within the app’s settings.
7. Can I integrate other tools or services with these planner apps?
Many planner apps offer integrations with popular tools like Google Calendar, Dropbox, or Slack. It’s best to check the app’s integration page or settings for more details.
8. Is there a learning curve associated with these apps?
While some planner apps are straightforward, others with many features might require some time to get accustomed to. Many apps offer tutorials or guides to assist new users.
9. How do I transfer my data if I switch between planner apps?
Many apps provide import/export functionalities. You can export your data from one app and then import it into your new chosen app.
10. Are there any unique iPhone-specific features in these planner apps?
Some apps utilize iPhone-specific features, such as Siri integration for voice commands or widgets for quick-glance task overviews. It’s best to review each app’s feature list or try it out for a hands-on experience.
In our bustling lives, we often overlook the quiet and unassuming power of best daily habits. Like cogs in a grand clockwork, they subtly keep the engine of our lives humming smoothly. We...
Welcome to our deep-dive exploration into the world of online weekly budget planners. In today’s digital age, the right tools can make managing personal finances easier. This article will review the top 10...
Entrepreneurs are bold, courageous and confident individuals. They have a mission, a vision and a plan in mind. They are prepared to overcome any challenges that come their way and ready to take...
Tracking business goals is a crucial aspect of achieving success and growth. By setting clear, measurable, and achievable goals, businesses can stay focused, motivated, and on the path to success. An effective tool...