My goal with weekplan and the mobile world is to make it very fast to add a new task. I want it to be possible to be in the middle of a discussion and to quickly jot down a task without having to wait ages for the app to start. At the moment, the mobile app/view is not a reflection of that vision. It still takes too long to load (which I am hoping to improve once I introduce the offline mode). But I have found a great alternative, which speed is hard to beat: adding a task via SMS is almost as fast as writing it on a paper notebook.
How to start
- Add a new contact on your phone called “weekplan” with the mobile number +12077473362 (this is a US mobile number, there is no surcharge over the normal cost of a SMS to a US number).
- To link your phone number to your account, you simply need to send a SMS “Hi” to +12077473362.
- You will then receive instructions to link it to your weekplan account.
To add a task via SMS
Once your phone number has been registered, you will be able to add a task by sending “**Task **Whatever you want”:
To see the list of tasks for today
Simply send the command Today.
To mark a task as done
Simply send “**Done **NUMBER”. NUMBER being the number shown next to the next when you send the **Today **command.
You can also send:
- “Workspaces”: sends the list of workspaces in your account.
- “Workspace NUMBER”: changes the current workspace.
- “?”: Show the help.
This new feature is accessible to users with a PRO account. To easily upgrade your weekplan account, just go here.
Subscribe to Week Plan's blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox