Every small business needs the right tools to stay productive. With countless apps vying for your attention, it can take time to identify which ones offer genuine value. But worry not! We’ve filtered through the crowd and compiled a list of 12 top productivity software tools tailored for small businesses. Dive right in!
1. Week Plan
Praised as the best productivity software for small businesses, Week Plan transforms your routine tasks into actionable items. It merges seamlessly with Google Calendar and Google Drive as a comprehensive task management tool.
Discover WeekPlan, the intuitive Productivity Planner aligned with quadrant prioritization. Focus on what truly matters and elevate your business tasks.
Top 3 Features of Week Plan
1. High-Level Weekly View
At a glance, view your week ahead. It aids in planning and ensures you’re aligned with your business goals—no more missing vital activities or tasks.
2. Role-Based Task Management
Rather than just being a list, tasks are segmented by roles. Whether managing customer relationships or scheduling social media posts, it’s all systematized.
3. Quadrant Prioritization
Not all tasks hold equal importance. They can be sorted according to their urgency and importance. This functionality renders it indispensable for both team collaborations and individual entrepreneurs.
- Seamlessly incorporate with Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Robust tools for role-based task management
- Employs Quadrant Prioritization for efficient task sorting
- It might have a tiny learning curve for first-timers
- Developed features might be overwhelming for some
- Custom pricing might deter businesses on a tight budget
Week Plan is available as a web application and offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS, ensuring that small business owners can keep track of their tasks and priorities on the go.
Week Plan comes at a competitive price of $10.83 per month.
Week Plan stands out as a remarkable productivity tool. Its extraordinary quadrant system makes it an essential asset for businesses seeking streamlined processes and growth.
Trello revolutionizes task management with its intuitive board-and-card system. Businesses can visually track progress, assign tasks, and organize their projects.
Its drag-and-drop mechanism makes project management a breeze, and its user-friendly interface is a hit among small businesses.
- Task management
- Project dashboards
- Time tracking
- File sharing
- Team collaboration
Top 3 Features of Trello
1. Drag-and-Drop Task Cards
This feature empowers users to quickly move tasks through different stages, visually representing the project’s status.
2. Board and List Organization
Trello allows for the customization of boards and lists, which can be organized per project requirements, making it flexible for various workflows.
These features enhance Trello’s functionality, allowing businesses to sync it with other software tools, further boosting productivity.
- User-friendly interface that’s easy for beginners
- Highly customizable to suit various business needs
- Efficient team collaboration with real-time updates
- It can become cluttered for larger projects
- Limited features in the free version
- Some power-ups require additional costs
Trello provides a seamless experience across web browsers, and its mobile apps for Android and iOS make task tracking handy.
Trello’s pricing starts at $0; Premium Class is $10/month; Enterprise is $17.50/month.
Trello is an excellent choice for small businesses seeking an intuitive, flexible task management tool. Its visual interface and powerful features ensure companies can easily track and manage their projects.
3. Google Sheets
GoogleSheets is a powerful online spreadsheet application that lets small businesses manage, analyze, and visualize data in real-time.
Its compatibility with other Google services and its robust feature set make it indispensable for businesses, especially those looking to collaborate seamlessly.
- Machine learning-based features
- Functions & formulas
- Data visualization
- Scripting with apps script
- Collaboration & sharing
- Offline editing
Top 3 Features of Google Sheets
1. Real-time Collaboration
Teams can revise spreadsheets simultaneously, view real-time modifications, and confirm everyone has the latest version.
2. Data Visualization Tools
Built-in chart tools allow businesses to visualize their data for better insights and decision-making.
3. Scripting & Automation (with Google Apps Script)
Users can automate tasks, connect with other Google services, and create custom functionalities.
- Smoothly connects with various Google services
- Enables robust data analysis with pivot tables and other advanced tools
- Offers version history, letting users track changes and revert when necessary
- It might encounter a downshift with massive datasets
- Developed functionalities may have a learning curve
- Fewer features are compared to some desktop spreadsheet software
Google Sheets is available on web browsers and as mobile apps on Android and iOS.
Google Sheets offers a $0 (free) for individual users; it starts at $12/month for business users as part of G Suite.
Google Sheets is a web-based spreadsheet program that is part of the free, web-based Google Docs Editors suite offered by Google, which also includes Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Drawings, Google Forms, Google Sites, and Google Keep.
Todoist is a comprehensive task management app tailored for professionals and businesses. With its intuitive design and powerful features, handling tasks, setting deadlines, and prioritizing becomes more streamlined than ever.
- File Sharing
- Recurring dates
- File management
- Kanban Board
- Productivity tracking
Top 3 Features of Todoist
1. Natural Language Task Entry
This feature lets users input tasks using everyday language, making task creation swift and straightforward.
2. Recurring Task Setup
Allows businesses to set tasks that recur daily, weekly, or any custom period, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
3. Prioritization Labels
Users can assign priority levels to tasks, ensuring that critical tasks are always in focus.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Provides productivity tracking and visualization tools.
- The free version has limitations on features
- Task sub-levels might get complex for some users
- Advanced features may need a learning period
Todoist boasts broad accessibility with web, Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS applications.
Todoist offers a price plan of $0 (Free); pro plan start at $4/month.
Final Verdict on Todoist
Todoist is a premier task management tool. Its range of features caters to both individual professionals and teams.
Toggl is a time-tracking tool designed for both individuals and teams. It offers insights into position habits, enabling little businesses to maximize productivity by identifying areas of improvement.
- Time tracking
- Projects & clients
- Team scheduling
- Billable rates
- Time audits
- Offline mode
Top 3 Features of Toggl
1. Time Tracking by Task
This feature helps businesses break down time spent on each task, offering clear insights into where most of the team’s time is going.
2. Detailed Reporting
Generates reports that showcase work hours, helping businesses invoice accurately and manage workloads effectively.
3. Project Time Budgeting
Allows managers to set project time budgets, ensuring they stay on track and under budget.
- User-friendly interface and easy setup
- Provides browser extensions to streamline time tracking
- Connects with a range of different tools and platforms
- Features might need to be more balanced for solo entrepreneurs
- Advanced features are locked behind paid versions
- The offline mode might not sync immediately upon going online
Toggl is available on the web, desktop (Windows, macOS, and Linux), and mobile platforms (Android and iOS).
It Starts at $0 (free); Pricing starts at $10/month.
Toggl provides businesses with a complete tool suite to track time usage, aiding teams in boosting productivity through detailed reports.
Monday.com is a cloud-based platform designed to help companies manage tasks, projects, workflows, and daily work processes. It can be thought of as a work operating system that powers teams to run projects and workflows with confidence.
- Creation & Assignment
- Task prioritization
- Time tracking
Top 3 Features of Monday.com
1. Visual Project Tracking
Businesses can view tasks and projects visually, with boards, lists, and timelines to track progress at a glance.
2. Workflow Automation
Automates routine work processes, allowing businesses to focus on value-adding tasks.
3. Multiple View Options (List, Calendar, Board)
Teams can customize how they view their tasks, catering to different working styles and project types.
- Highly customizable to fit various business needs
- Seamless connections with other widely used tools
- Real-time collaboration features enhance team communication
- It may have a steeper learning curve for beginners
- Pricing can become high for larger teams
- Some find its extensive features overwhelming
Monday.com is accessible via web browsers and mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Pricing starts at $8/month; Basic, Standard, and Pro plans are based on user volume. They also have a free plan.
Monday.com is a robust work tool for streamlined task management. The learning curve exists, but the platform’s adaptability is a significant advantage.
Slack is a widely used team communication and collaboration platform that helps businesses and teams streamline communication and information sharing.
It provides a centralized space where users can make channels for various topics, projects, or departments. It allows team members to have organized discussions, share files, and incorporate multiple third-party tools and services.
- Direct messages
- File sharing
- Searchable history
- Workflow builder
Top 3 Features of Slack
Allows teams to create topic-specific channels, ensuring discussions remain organized and relevant.
2. Direct Messaging
Facilitates one-on-one conversations, allowing teammates to discuss privately.
3. File Sharing & Collaboration
It makes sharing documents and collaborating on them straightforward and fast.
- Powerful search functionality to locate past conversations and files
- Enables video and voice calls
- It can become distracting with too many notifications
- File storage limits on the free version
- Some find channel organization to be confusing initially
Slack offers broad platform support, including web, desktop (Windows and macOS), and mobile (Android and iOS).
Upgrade to Slack Standard for video calls (up to 15 participants) and shared channels at $7.25/user/month. Slack Business offers more features for $12.50/user/month.
Slack is a current communication tool perfect for businesses wanting to keep conversations organized and in one place.
While it requires some initial setup, the benefits of enhanced communication are undeniable.
8. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a cooperative communication and collaboration platform incorporating chat, video conferencing, and file storage.
It has seamlessly merged with other Microsoft Office products, making it a robust business solution.
- Teams & channels
- Meetings & video conferencing
- File sharing & collaboration
- Live events
- Task management
- Screen sharing
Top 3 Features of Microsoft Teams
1. Team Collaboration & Chat
Provides a forum for team members to examine projects, share updates, and get real-time feedback.
2. Video Conferencing
Teams can host or join meetings, facilitating seamless collaboration irrespective of geographical distance.
3. File Sharing & Editing
Users can share, revise, and collaborate on records within the Office 365 environment without exiting the platform.
- Seamlessly blend with Microsoft Office products
- High-quality video conferencing tools
- Strong security and compliance features
- It can be overwhelming for new users due to numerous features
- Some users report synchronization issues
- The interface may feel cluttered with larger teams
Microsoft Teams offers vast platform support, including web, desktop (Windows and macOS), and mobile (Android and iOS).
It offers a free plan for up to 300 users. Office 365 Business Essentials: offers $4/user/month, and Business basic at $6/user/month.
Microsoft Teams is a comprehensive collaboration tool for businesses already invested in the Microsoft ecosystem.
Initially designed for gamers, Discord has become a versatile medium for communities and teams. It offers voice, text, and video communication, ensuring versatile engagement options.
- Voice channels
- Text channels
- Direct messaging
- Screen sharing
- Real time chat
- Video calls
Top 3 Features of Discord
1. Voice Channels
It enables teams to have real-time voice conversations, which is particularly useful for brainstorming or quick catch-ups.
2. Server Customization
Allows users to create and customize servers based on their needs, ensuring organized communication.
3. Role-Based Permissions
Administrators can assign roles with specific permissions, managing who can access certain channels or perform particular actions.
- Lightweight and user-friendly interface
- Solid audio quality in voice channels
- Offers a free tier with a vast majority of features
- Lacks the latest business features compared to other tools
- Its gaming roots might make it feel less professional
- Large servers can become hard to manage without proper role assignments
Discord is unrestricted on the web, desktop (Windows, macOS, and Linux), and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
The Basic plan costs $2.99 a month and Nitro costs $9.99.
For informal teams or startups, Discord can be a cost-effective communication tool. It’s flexible, accessible, and offers various features to keep team members connected.
Twist aims to transform team communication by focusing on organized and asynchronous communication.
Its threaded conversations ensure that communication is structured, making it easier for teams to track conversations and reduce unnecessary distractions.
- Remote support
- Direct messages
Top 3 Features of Twist
1. Threaded Conversations
Allows for organized and topic-focused discussions, ensuring that conversations are easy to follow and refer back to.
They designated areas for team members to converse about various projects, subjects, or divisions, maintaining organized and appropriate discussions.
3. Inbox & Notifications
Twist’s inbox collects unread threads and mentions, allowing you to focus and respond at your own pace, promoting asynchronous communication.
- Promotes distraction-free, asynchronous communication
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- It might require a shift in communication habits for teams used to real-time chat
- Limited video and voice chat features
- Some users might miss the instant response nature of traditional chat apps
Twist has apps for the web, Android, iOS, and macOS.
Twist offers a free plan. It also provides the “Twist Unlimited” plan at $6 per monthly user.
Twist refreshes team communication, promoting more thoughtful and organized discussions. It’s an ideal solution for teams looking to reduce the noise of real-time chats and focus on meaningful conversations.
Flock incorporates the best features of productivity and communication in a single platform. Recognized for its intuitive design, Flock supports various features such as messaging, file sharing, and to-do list creation, enabling businesses to centralize their operations and foster seamless collaboration among team members.
- Video calls & conferencing
- File sharing
Top 3 Features of Flock
1. Channels & Direct Messaging
Create dedicated spaces for various projects or departments. Whether you need to address everyone in a channel or privately message a colleague, Flock offers flexibility in communication.
2. Built-in To-dos
Go beyond just chatting and set actionable tasks. With built-in to-dos, teams can quickly create, assign, and track tasks without leaving the chat platform.
3. File Sharing & Search
Upload, share, and discuss files directly within channels or private chats.
- A comprehensive suite of collaboration tools in a single platform
- Efficient file sharing
- It might have a learning curve for those migrating from more straightforward chat tools
- Notifications can get overwhelming with active channels
- Some features, like video conferencing, may require premium plans
Flock is accessible on web browsers, desktop platforms (Windows and macOS), and mobile platforms (Android and iOS).
Flock offers a free plan. The Pro version is available for more premium features at just $4.50 per monthly user.
Flock offers an impressive balance between communication and productivity. Its broad set of tools makes it a leading choice for businesses wanting a centralized platform for team operations.
Titan appears as a beacon of streamlined communication in today’s age of information excess. Specifically designed for businesses, it stands apart with its emphasis on decluttering inboxes, aiding concentration, and maintaining security.
Titan revolutionizes how small businesses perceive and handle emails through intuitive mail sorting and exclusive features like focus mode.
- Mobile & desktop access
- Security encryption
- Built-in security
- Email filtering
- Read receipts
Top 3 Features of Titan
1. Intelligent Mail Sorting
Gone are the days of wading through a sea of unimportant mails to get to the critical ones. Titan’s intelligent algorithms prioritize emails, ensuring the most relevant messages catch your eye first.
2. Focus Mode
Distractions often lead to reduced productivity. With Titan’s focus mode, users can zero in on tasks by silencing unimportant notifications, promoting a more concentrated working environment.
3. Built-in Security Features
In a world where data breaches are commonplace, Titan strongly emphasizes security. Built-in features confirm that emails and linked data remain shielded from prying eyes.
- Advanced mail sorting that prioritizes critical communications
- Enhanced focus on security, ensuring data safety
- User-friendly interface that streamlines the email management process
- It might take some time for users to adapt to the new mail-sorting algorithms
- Exclusive partnerships could limit accessibility for some users
Titan can be accessed through web browsers, Android and iOS.
Titan offers a Business Pro plan at $2.00/per month, and Business Premium plan at $2.45/per month.
Titan stands out as a worthy contender for businesses overwhelmed by the sheer volume of emails and yearning for a more streamlined, focused, and secure communication experience.
Its innovative features make it a modern solution for contemporary email challenges.
Best of the Best
1. Week Plan
Week Plan excels in holistic task management with seamless Google service support. With features like goal setting, time blocking, and task prioritization, Week Plan helps users optimize their productivity.
Trello is a popular visual project management tool that uses boards, lists, and cards to help individuals and teams organize tasks and projects.
It visually represents tasks and their progress, making it easy to track work and collaborate effectively.
3. Google Sheets
Google Sheets offers cloud-based storage, which means that your spreadsheets are accessible from any device with an internet connection, and multiple users can collaborate on the same document simultaneously.
Equipping yourself with potent tools is crucial to navigating the business realm’s challenging waters. While countless options are available, Week Plan has emerged as a front-runner in productivity software. Please give it a whirl and see your productivity skyrocket!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the uses of productivity software tools for small businesses?
They streamline administrative tasks, assist with project management, and foster team collaboration.
2. What are the best productivity software tools for small businesses?
Week Plan, with its advanced features and integrations, leads the list.
3. What does “productivity software” mean in the context of small businesses?
Productivity software includes various tools to help businesses improve operations, streamline tasks, and enhance overall efficiency.
4. Are there industry-specific productivity tools?
Some tools cater to specific industries, like construction, healthcare, or retail—research tools specific to your industry for tailored solutions.
5. How often do software providers update their tools?
It varies. Some providers update their software frequently with new features and security patches, while others may have less frequent significant updates.
6. Can I access my productivity software from mobile devices?
Many productivity software tools are cloud-based and offer mobile applications or mobile-responsive sites.
1 - Productivity and Time Management for the Overwhelmed (Udemy) This course will be centered around three regions or segments. Each is intended to expand on the other. In our first area, we...
Ready to supercharge your daily routine and knock that to-do list out of the park? Tablets have evolved into powerful devices capable of performing various tasks. Whether you’re a busy student, an entrepreneur,...
Are you a tech aficionado who loves organizing every day of your life to enhance productivity? Or are you simply someone who loves making the most of everyday life? In the high pacing...
Is your association’s work done under the average settings inside dividers of an actual space wherein your representatives possess their seats during the customary available time? If so, it’s the correct time you...