Hi, I have worked recently on clarifying the roadmap for WEEK PLAN and thought you might be interested to see it.
- Polish the Android app. We published the Android app silently a few weeks ago and unfortunately it is still very “experimental”. Because I am not an Android app developer myself, I have outsourced the development to another company and fixing and polishing the app takes an order of magnitude more time than I would like.
- Publish a new version of the API. We will improve the documentation and the consistency of the API to make it easy for any developer to create apps on top of WEEK PLAN. The first product to come out of this API is the iPhone app which is doing very well now.
- Rework the user experience. I believe I can make the experience on WEEK PLAN a lot more engaging by improving how a user enters information and navigates in the web application.
- Calendar day view. This is our most requested feature and after several months of product design I believe I came up with an elegant solution.
- Etc… There are more than 400 items in our parking lot, so we are not running out of ideas on how to improve the product… The timer seems to be a feature people use extensively so we might look into improve it.
What we have been working on lately
- Publish the Android app.
- Publish and polish the Google Calendar synchronization.
- Hire another developer. Although we are making progress, things are going way too slow. So for months I have been looking to hire someone but I couldn’t find anyone that matched what I was looking for. Finally I met Dzmitry from Belarus and he is great!
- Automation of the testing. One of the things I want to improve is the stability of the software and Dzmitry’s first task has been to automate the testing on many pages of WEEK PLAN.
- The Outliner. I was looking for a way to connect long term vision with the weekly planner and this is what the Outliner is about. I am planning to publish a video about the Outliner soon.
Classic calendar view, "softer" onboarding, and more
Ever felt the sudden urge to grab a cup of coffee in order to finish that boring assignment? Or perhaps you were too tired to attend the morning classes. After facing similar situations...
Are you in search of a [top task management software](https://weekplan.net/task-management-software) that has all the capabilities to take the task management process to the next level? If yes, then this article really worth reading...
![develop good habits](/assets/images/uploads/Tips to develop good habits.png "Tips to develop good habits") When we talk about [habits](https://weekplan.net/habit-3-put-first-things-first), one thing is quite clear that not all habits are good and vice versa. But those...